(modified from Deceptively Delicious- makes 4-6 servings)
· 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I make my own from whole wheat bread)
· 1/2 cup whole milk
· 1/4 cup of chopped celery
· olive oil
· 1 lb ground turkey
· 1/2 cup pureed carrots (I use 1 jar of Earth’s Best pureed carrots)
· 1/4 cup ketchup
· black pepper
· 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
· 3/4 cup of tomato sauce
1. Soak breadcrumbs in milk in a large bowl.
2. Sauté celery in olive oil over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add the celery to the breadcrumbs along with the ground turkey, carrot puree, ketchup, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
4. Smooth mixture into a loaf pan. Cover with tomato sauce and remaining parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Slice and serve.