Polly, you are the 2nd place winner with your Passion fruit and Lemon “Slice”. Polly said that this recipe will help you win friends and influence people! AND she said it is really easy! You will notice a touch of different terminology because my friend Polly is from Australia! Pretty cool huh? Actually, I’ve never met her, we only know each other in the blog world! I chose this as the second place because it just looked scrumptious and I liked the fact that it was different. She told me that you could probably substitute Mango for the Passion fruit, if you find passion fruit difficult to find. Polly will be shipped a jar of Newman's Own Pineapple Salsa...as she could not find any fruit type salsa in her stores!
Here is her recipe:
Passionfruit and Lemon Slice (kind of like pie)
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup dessicated coconut (dried coconut)
1/2 cup castor sugar (very fine sugar…not powdered sugar)
125g melted butter (a touch over a ½ cup butter)
1 tin condensed milk (sweetened condensed milk)
juice of 2 lemons
pulp 2 passionfruit (I have used the tinned before)
1. Preheat oven to moderate (180c or 356 F) lightly grease a slice pan (13x9 inch pan), line base and sides with paper
2. In a large bowl combine flour, coconut and sugar. Add butter, stirring til combined
3. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Cool slightly
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine condensed milk, juice and passionfruit. Pour over base and bake a further 10-12 minutes, until set.
5. Cool in pan and chill until required.
Post a Comment