This recipe mixes that sweet and salty flavor together, which I really like. It is a great refreshing dessert to make for summer picnics! In fact, I am making it today for my daughter's end of the season soccer party.
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup melted margarine or butter
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
- 2 cups whipped topping (small container)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 lg pkg (6 ounces) strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (10oz) box frozen strawberries (I used a 16 oz bag frozen) or you could use fresh (4 cups)
Preheat oven to 400°. Put first layer in a 9x13x2-inch pan. Bake 8 minutes. Remove to cool.
Second Layer - Beat sugar into cheese, stir in whipped topping (I beat it in). Spread over completely cooled pretzels.
Third Layer - Mix gelatin and boiling water (it is best to add gelatin to the boiling water...not the reverse...as this way ensures the gelatin will dissolve better). Stir until there are no more crystals. Then, add strawberries, cut in half if desired. Either stir until slightly set or set aside 10 minutes. Pour over cheese mixture; chill thoroughly.
Post a Comment