Would you believe if I told you THIS (below), could turn into something that resembled cookie dough? Would you believe that both my 6 and 4 year old ate it and said they LOVED it?
Well, it's true! Thanks to Katie, at ChocolateCoveredKatie.com, I turned garbanzo bean, dates, raw cashews, oats, pure vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, almond milk and chocolate chips into a most wonderful treat!!
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
- heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 T plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used 1/4 cup whole raw cashews)
- 1 and 1/4 cup pitted dates (I used deglet b/c that's what I had, but any variety is fine)
- 1/2 cup water (for soaking dates night before preparing this recipe)
- 2 T oats (You can omit if you do not want to add milk, I added them)
- nondairy milk as needed (depending on the consistency you want, I used 1/8 cup vanilla almond milk)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, mix in by hand (sugar-free chips if desired)
Directions:In a bowl, cover the dates with 1/2 cup water. Let this sit for at least 8 hours. Then add all ingredients (including the dates’ soaking liquid), except chocolate chips, to a food processor or high powered blender and blend until very smooth. Chill and serve with Graham crackers, on top of ice cream or just eat with a spoon!