Sunday, March 8, 2009
Super Easy “Paella”
**after suggestion of another viewer, I now make this with 14 oz of Butterball Turkey Kielbasa! The ENTIRE family devours this!!! Also, I use Zatarain's brand rice and add the tomatoes while the rice is cooking. I use no salt added tomatoes and no salt added french style green beans all chopped up so the kids can't pick them out!
Recipe by Jennifer
(makes 4 servings)
• 1 box of “Spanish Style” rice ( I use Near East brand at Whole Foods)
• 2 chicken breasts or 1 lb of seafood (sometimes I use shrimp, scallops, and mussels)
• olive oil
• 3 15oz cans of beans...drain and slightly rinse navy and kidney beans (I use kidney beans, chopped green beans (french style), and navy beans)
• 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
1. Cook rice in a pot according to the package.
2. Meanwhile, sauté chicken or seafood in olive oil in a cast iron skillet.
3. When rice and chicken are done, transfer rice to skillet with chicken.
4. Add tomatoes and beans and pat down.
5. Allow to simmer over medium heat for a few minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed.