Our new family tradition...Mommy makes "monkey bread" on Easter weekend. Sounded like a good idea to me! This recipe came from allrecipes.com and turned out absolutely perfect. I left out the nuts and raisins and everyone devoured it! I meant to take a picture, but it was gone faster than I knew it!
- 3 (7.5 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough (if you have a really large bundt pan you could use 4 packages)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (I used about 1 3/4)
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch Bundt® pan.
- Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag.
- Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix.
- Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan.
- If using nuts and raisins, arrange them in and among the biscuit pieces as you go along.
- In a small saucepan, melt the margarine with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour over the biscuits.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35-45 minutes (mine needed 45, but I didn't know it until I turned it over and it wasn't quite done...ugh) I'd say unless it looks too dark on top, let it go the full 45. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate.
- Do not cut! The bread just pulls apart.
Post a Comment