Monday, June 29, 2009
Freezer Blueberry Jam
3 cups chopped blueberries
1 cup water
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 package 1.75oz Sure Jell (MUST be for less or no sugar recipes)
1. Wash and rinse plastic containers (I've also used glass) with tight fitting lids.
2. Prepare fruit. Wash, discard stems and place blueberries in a blender or food processor; cover. Pluse to evenly chop. Do NOT puree. Prepare only 1 cup at a time to ensure even chopping.
3. Measure exact amount of prepared fruit into a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Measure exact amout of sugar into large saucepan. (reducing sugar or using sugar substitutes will result in set failures)
5. Stir 1 box Sure Jell into sugar until thoroughly mixed
6. Stir in 1 cup water. Bring mixture to boil on medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Once it starts boiling continue to stir for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
7. Stir fruit quickly into hot pectin - sugar mixture. Stir 1 minute or until thoroughly mixed.
8. Pour into prepared container, leaving 1/2 inch space at top for expansion during freezing; cover with lid.
9. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours until set. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Otherwise, store in freezer for up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator.
Posted at 5:49 AM
Labels: Freezes Well, Fruit, Healthier Options
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment