This is the sandwich that Stephanie made with her Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup. They cooked this sandwich using a George Foreman grill.
- 1 French deli roll, split
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 slices red onion
- olive oil
1. Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat.Sprinkle cut sides of roll with balsamic vinegar. Layer one slice of mozzarella cheese, tomato slices, basil leaves, red onion and the remaining slice of mozzarella cheese on the roll. Close sandwich; rub outside with olive oil.
2. Place sandwich in preheated skillet; top with another heavy skillet to press. Cook until bread is toasted and golden, about 3 minutes.
3. Flip sandwich; top with skillet. Cook second side until toasted, about an additional 2 minutes.
*image from allrecipes.com