My friend Keli gave me this recipe a while back. It is a good healthy recipe and it's always nice to be able to sneak in those veggies. I have 2 egg eaters in the house and 2 that won't touch them with a 10 foot pole, so I rarely make this, but it does freeze well. So, you could pre-slice it after it is cooked, then freeze for individual servings later.
6 large eggs, beaten (you may sub egg beaters)
One 10-oz box frozen broccoli, thawed (I use the mini-florets so there are no tough stems)
1 cup pre-shredded, 2% milk cheddar cheese
½ cup grated parmesan (low-fat)
½ cup 1% low-fat milk
2 heaping tsp
½ tsp garlic powder
3 slices whole wheat bread torn into 1/2” pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat to 375. Coat a 9” pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, broccoli, cheeses, milk, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Arrange the bread cubes in the bottom of the plate.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread cubes.
- Bake until golden brown – 35 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes.