Key lime pie is one of my all time favorite desserts. When I used to live up north, I'd only get it when I went to Florida to visit my grandparents. However, now that I am a southerner myself, I can get it more readily! But, since I like to make my own stuff as much as I can, I was often in search of a yummy key lime pie recipe. This one is exceptional, however it is not an easy "whip it together in no time" kinda recipe. I believe it is totally worth it though, especially if you like the tart kind of pie!
Crust (buy your own or...)
8 whole graham crackers, crushed
2 T sugar
5 T unsalted butter, melted
bake for 4-5 minutes at 375
1/4 C sugar
1 T grated lime zest of 6-8 limes
1 C Nellie and Joe's Keywest Lime Juice
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1-14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 C instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/4 t unflavored gelatin
1 t vanilla extract
- using a food processor, process sugar and zest until sugar turns bright green (about 30 seconds)
- add cream cheese and process until combined (about 30 seconds)
- add swt condensed milk and pudding mix until smooth
- scrape down sides (in seperate bowl, stir geletin and 2 T lime juice and heat in microwave 15 sec, stir until dissolved), then with the machine running, pour gelatin mixture, remaining lime juice and vanilla through feed tube and mix until thouroughly combined.
- pour filling into cooled crust
- cover and refrigerate for 3 hrs- 2 days.
Post a Comment