So here is Kelly's favorite recipe as of late--once you get the funky ingredients on hand (do real people use celery seed?) it's the fastest, easiest, mostly healthy thing she makes. Kelly got the recipe off Allrecipes.com and hasn't messed it up yet!
• 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
• 2 pounds tilapia fillets
1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.
I cooked this tonight and it was an enormous success! My husband groans when I tell him we are having fish for dinner. However, tonight after he took one bite he said he would eat it again tomorrow it was so good! I really enjoyed it too!!! WHOO HOO! Now I can get rid of the 4 pounds of tilapia I had in my freezer! :)ReplyDelete