This is a "Real Simple" recipe that is great for when you can get out your grill. The kids loved both the chicken and corn salad. The best part is that it is pretty good for them!
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and pepper
- canola oil, for the grill
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 scallions, sliced
1. Place twenty 8-inch wooden skewers in water to soak. Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, honey, and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
2. Slice the chicken lengthwise into twenty 1/2-inch-thick strips. Thread each strip onto a wooden skewer. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Lightly oil the grill. Cook the chicken, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes, basting with the ketchup mixture during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
4. Meanwhile, grill the corn, turning occasionally, until slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Cut the kernels off the cobs, place in a medium bowl, and toss with the butter, scallions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve with the chicken.